Follow the two steps below to send an email to your legislators telling them that you want Parole Reinstated in Florida for those who regret their crime, have served time, pose no threat to community and can reintegrate successfully. Florida’s extreme ‘Get Tough on Crime’ legislation has resulted in extraordinarily long sentences that keep those, sentenced in their youth, incarcerated for most of their lives with no hope of release for crimes that do not warrant such harsh punishment. Once you’ve sent the email, please take a moment to place a phone call to the local office of your representativesas well as to their Tallahassee office voicing your support for the Reinstatement of Parole. If you receive any response, feel free to share it on the ForgottenMajority.com website.
Step 1: To Find your Florida legislators
- Click on this link http://www.myfloridahouse.gov .
- Click on Representatives in blue menu bar.
- Click on ‘Find Your Representatives’ under Instructions.
- Enter your address under ‘Find Your Elected Officials in Florida’.
- Return to this article and click on your Representatives to view and send the email.
Their phone numbers are also listed with their email addresses.
Step 2: Send the email to your legislators
- Locate your legislators in the alphabetical listing below.
- Click on legislators to see content and send the email.
- Feel free to add any additional comments.
- Make sure to include your name and address.
- If you do not have Windows Mail, you can copy and paste the message and addresses into your email.